There’s simply no denying that, in every part of the world, many people have their preferred sport. It’s pretty difficult to measure which all pro sports prove to be the most popular worldwide, although there are a number of factors which can make it a lot easier to determine. In fact, all it takes is finding out how many fans these sports have, or people who actually play it on a regular basis. Sporting events truly bring out the fanatics in people, as it gives them an opportunity to root for their favorite athletes and teams. Yet, because of the numerous options one has, there are people who occasionally wonder which sport is truly the most loved.
Below are 5 sports considered to be the most popular in this day and age:
1. Soccer, which is also known as either football or “futbol” in some other parts of the world, is also the most widely played. There has been such a huge following from international fans simply because it can be played even by amateurs. It also doesn’t require a lot of gear and equipment to master. It wouldn’t be surprising to see so many kids these days play soccer at such early ages, only to become such massive followers of it. It also helps to know that this is probably one of the most lucrative all pro sports ever, providing such huge monetary compensation for many its athletes.
2. Cricket is considered highly popular as well, although one has to occasionally wonder what millions of people find interesting about it. It is played in several countries, although the nature of it seems rather boring and lax. It is played in several formats which range from 5 day test matches to the 20-20, 3 hour format which was just recently introduced. The latter version of it has led to several countries participating in it.
3. Field hockey, which is pretty similar to lacrosse, is a sport that’s played nearly all over the world. All pro sports matches usually last up to more than an hour, and is quite popular among women as well.
4. Tennis has a rather large percentage of followers, especially when this is one of few all pro sports played individually. The matches can either be played by two opposing players or two pairs, which is also known as the doubles match. Both men and women athletes have become international stars and spokespersons for high end tennis gear because of it, thus allowing them to earn nearly over 40 million dollars on an annual basis. There’s no doubt it’s a highly paying sport, as well as a grueling one. No time limits are placed, which means that it is a game reserved for players that have loads of stamina and endurance.
5. Basketball tops off this list of all pro sports that are popular all over the world. American in origin, it has reached worldwide popularity thanks to the many faces of its star athletes from the NBA off Nike, Adidas and Converse shoe ads. It has also reached international shores courtesy of the annual FIBA Championships, where every country in the world participates in determining who the best team is.
These are the top 5 all pro sports in the world today. Their followings are rather astonishing, and one can simply expect a lot of excitement and satisfaction just by watching them.